Admission and Hours
Adult single admission R 140
Free for under-18s
On Mondays* entrance is free, but you are welcome to make a voluntary donation.
*Except on Public Holidays.
10 am to 4:15 pm (Winter Hours)
Closed on Tuesdays
Daily Curatorial Tours commence at 2pm and start at the front desk.
Free tours are for a maximum of 25 people and are on a first come, first serve basis.
- Curatorial Assistant Led Tour, R 250,00 (including vat) per person, includes entry ticket (People with memberships will only pay R 120,00 for tour)
- Chief Curator Led Tour, R 500,00 (including vat) per person, (People with memberships will only pay R 360,00 for tour)
- Executive Director Led Tour, R 1 000,00 (including vat) per person, includes entry ticket and 1 glass of bubbly per person (People with memberships will only pay R 860,00 for tour)
- Foundation Highlights (1.5 hours)
- Sculpture Garden Tour (1.5 hour)
- Full Tour of the Norval Foundation (1.5 hours)
After hours paid tours
- Curatorial Assistant Led Tour, R 250,00 (including vat) per person.
- Chief Curator Led Tour, R 500,00 (including vat) per person.
- Executive Director Led Tour, R 1 000,00 including per person.
- Kids: R25 or R50 each to buddy up with an underprivileged school
- Adults: R50 each
- Or apply for a special rate with Education Coordinator Lindsay Hendricks firstname.lastname@example.org
The Norval Foundation is fully accessible by wheelchair. Elevators run throughout the building, and ramps help patrons make their way through the gently sloping Sculpture Garden.
Safety and security
The Norval Foundation is monitored by a state-of-the-art security system and 24-hour CCTV, as well as permanent guards on site.
Sunscreen and sunglasses
If you intend to take a walk through our Sculpture Garden, please protect yourself from the sun on hot days.
The foundation is meant to be experienced at a slow, leisurely pace – so ensure that your feet are comfortable enough to do plenty of walking around.
Allocate enough time
Give yourself the afternoon off. There is so much to see and do at the Norval Foundation that you will probably need a few hours to cover it all at a pace that suits you.
Getting there and parking
Car parking charges contribute significantly to the running costs of Norval Foundation which is an independent museum and registered non-profit organisation.
Our car parks use automatic number plate recognition which means you do not need to pay using a ticket.
Underground parking is free for the first 30 minutes | R10 for the first hour | R20 for 2-7 hours.
Taxis and Ubers are available to and from the Norval Foundation.