Kids at Norval Foundation
Please note that the proposed March holiday programme has been cancelled out of concern for our parents, their children, and our staff. We look forward to more fun and learning with our exhibitions when the museum opens again.
In the mean time, please download our FREE KIDS ARTS WORKSHEETS below.
Norval Foundation’s Education Programme works hard to ensure that every child, whether homeschooled or attending private or public school, visits the Norval Foundation at least once in their primary school or high school careers.
Research has proven that art education plays an integral part in the holistic development of a child. It has been shown that children who have been exposed to art are:
- Imparted with values such as sharing and perseverance.
- Able to improve motor skills.
- Able to create art that they are proud of, which improves their self esteem.
- Better prepared for honing critical thinking skills, which improves their academic performance.
Please note that the proposed March holiday programme has been cancelled out of concern for our parents, their children, and our staff.
We look forward to more fun and learning with our exhibitions when the museum opens again.
Interested in bringing your class for a tour of the museum?
Our education tours lasts 1 ½ hours and offer a comprehensive walkabout of the exhibitions on display.
Topics discussed are linked to CAPS and integrate various subjects such as history and language.
Learners receive an educational resource with additional information and activities to complete during the tour or back at school.
They can also enjoy their lunch in the Sculpture Garden’s amphitheatre.
Tours cost R30 per learner and R60 per adult.
For bookings and further information please contact email@example.com
Our Education Programme is committed to making quality art education accessible.
If you are part of an NGO or interested in bringing kids from a previously disadvantaged area for a free tour of the museum please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Norval Foundation is dedicated to providing access to the arts among underprivileged school children. Herein our outreach programme aims to:
- Establish relationships with community leaders in surrounding communities.
- Arrange outings for schools in surrounding communities including transport, snacks, tours and art activities.
- Accommodate 400-600 learners per month in our outreach programme.
- Arrange teacher training workshops for teachers in surrounding communities to improve their art education practice.
- Host afternoon holiday workshops with NGOs working with children in surrounding communities.
- Establish the activity room as a safe space for learners in surrounding communities to do their homework or create art
Make a Donation
If you would like to contribute to sustaining the arts in South Africa, please refer to the donation button below, alternatively please contact email@example.com