Tour Protocols for COVID-19
- A maximum of 10 people per tour will be permitted.
- All visitors must wear masks throughtout the duration of the tour.
- Visitors are encouraged to sanitise their hands at every sanitising station.
- Attendees are to maintain a distance of at least 1.5 metres from each other.
- Should a tour of more than 5 people go into the Alt and Omega: Jackson Hlungwani exhibition, the tour group may not go into Gallery 3 and Gallery 4 at the same time. Visitors are encouraged to follow the lead of the tour operator.
- Visitors may not touch any surfaces throughout the tour – including walls, plinths and artwork.
Norval Foundation offers tailored, private tours which provide a personalised experience of the Foundation and our exhibitions for our visitors. Tours are 60 minutes long and can be booked via firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note that we do not allow external tour guides to lead their own art tours of the museum.
The following tour options indicate cost per person and are all inclusive of museum admission (R180). Art Club Members are entitled to a 20% discount on all tour options.
*All tours need to be booked at least 48 hours in advance.
Staff-led Tour R300
Curator Tour R600
Senior Curator Tour R1000
Chief Executive Tour Price on request
Kids Tour R40
PLEASE NOTE THAT TOURS THAT ARE CANCELLED WITHIN 24 HOURS OF THE BOOKED TOUR SLOT ARE NOT REFUNDABLE.
After Hours Guided Tours
Kids & School Tours
As part of its mission to support and broaden art education, Norval Foundation welcomes and assists school groups and tours.
Norval Foundation hosts a unique support structure to sponsor a child’s tour from an underprivileged school each time you purchase a Help a Buddy tour.
To apply for a special rate, please contact our Education Coordinator at email@example.com
Kids Tour – R40 per child
Kids Help a Buddy Tour – R50 per child
Adults – R70 per person