14 – 27 June 2021
Norval Foundation, in collaboration with Dream Press, is proud to present Zine Space.
Zine Space invites artists to apply for a four-session risograph printing workshop with Dream Press. The workshops will take place every Saturday between 10-31 July. Eight artists will be selected by a panel of judges made up of Bhavisha Panchia (Curator and Researcher), Bonolo Kavula (Artist), Candice Ježek (Publisher and Designer, Dream Press), Clare Patrick (Assistant Collections Manager, Norval Foundation), and Lady Skollie (Artist).
Over the course of the four weeks, each artist will produce an edition of 25 art zines they can sell at the Cape Town Art Book Fair 2021. The zine may be in any language.
Participation costs are underwritten by Norval Foundation and Dream Press.
- Professional artist at any stage of their career
- Available to travel to Black River Studios (Paarden Eiland, Cape Town) every Saturday between 10-31 July 2021
- Submit three examples of existing artwork
- Submit an approximately 120-word proposal for the zine, detailing your concept for it.
Submissions close on Sunday, 27 June at 18:00. The selected artists will be informed via email by Monday, 5 July.
For any questions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Zine Space’.
Open Call Terms and Conditions
- All necessary materials will be provided. The zine will be in the stipulated dimensions, pages and number of colours. Should artists like to upgrade, this will be done at their own cost.
- Copyright of the zine belongs to the artist.
- Failure to appear at the workshops will result in forfeiture of your place.
- Travel and accommodation costs are at the artist’s expense.